Without a doubt, packing is a major part of any house or office move. It’s surprisingly common to place items into general boxes without the correct protection and packaging.
With our packing service, the risk of damage to your belongings is eliminated. Our specialist packing team know exactly what packing materials to use and for what items and more importantly the best way for them to travel to their new location.
Townsends of Nantwich offer free goods in transit and comprehensive insurance of up to £25,000 per vehicle on all home moves, so you can rest assured that all your possessions are protected.
Alternatively, if you wish to carry out the packing yourself, we can supply you with the high-quality packing boxes and all the required packing materials.
For more information about Townsends of Nantwich packing service please get in touch.
If you wish to pack yourselves here are some handy hints:
- Wrap individual items in 2 layers of tissue
- Line the bottom of the box with a layer of bubble wrap.
- Place on top of the bottom layer of bubble wrap a single layer of wrapped items, then a layer of bubble and so on until the box is full.
- If the box is getting too heavy, finish off with lighter bulky items such as bedding, towels or cushions.
- Tape together items such as garden tools, bedsides, slats etc into bundles.
- Box up small pictures (face to face), larger pictures put together in one area (these will be wrapped by our team as they are placed into the removal vehicle).
- Disconnect any electrical, plumbed or gas fitted items prior to your removal starting.